Monday, April 12, 2010

Lamb Chops with Roasted Potatoes

x
Lamb is something of a rarity here in Germany!! I do not know why, but this meat is hard to find. We had a pleasant surprise on Saturday when we saw these chops staring at us in E-centre. Without any hesitation we got half a kilo to try it out the first time!!!

                            Good Housekeeping magazine was a part of my life in Bangalore. I love all their articles..home keeping, creativity, ideas, stories, recipes...There was nothing that I didn't like to read. I have the entire collection right from the time they began publishing in India in 2004, except for now...... So the first  thing I did, when I knew we would be moving, was to lovingly go through each magazine and pick out those with recipes I could prepare here in Germany... So our lunch on Sunday was Lamb Chops with Roasted Potatoes from Good Housekeeping.

Ingredients :

  1. 500 gms potatoes, cut into fingers
  2. 2 tbsp extra-virgn olive oil
  3. 15-16 fresh sage leaves or sprigs of rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary
  4. 1 and a half cups chicken stock(made with stock cubes)
  5. 1 tbsp grainy mustard sauce
  6. 500 gms lamb chops
  7. 1 tbsp soy sauce
  8. 1 tbsp butter
  9. 3 tbsp minced spring onion
  10. 2 tbsp parsley or coriander chopped
  11. half tsp lemon juice
  12. half tsp Worcestershire sauce
  13. salt to taste

  • Heat oven to 230 deg. Toss potatoes with 1/2 tsp oil, sage and salt in a shallow pan. Roast 25 minutes, tossing occasionally until crisp and golden.(Or you can fry the potatoes).
  • Meanwhile boil chicken stock in a saucepan, until stock is reduced to half cup, stir in mustard sauce, reserve.
  • Rub chops with soy sauce and half tbsp oil.
  • Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan; add butter, swirling pan to coat it. Add chops one by one; sear on each side until cooked on medium heat. Set aside.
  • Saute spring onion with drippings in pan till translucent. Pour stock, parsley, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Return chops to pan to coat. Serve with Roasted potatoes.

Note :- Pictured above also is a warm mushroom salad










2 comments:

  1. Hi! First I want to say thank you for visiting my blog and for linking yours to mine :) I hope you will continue to visit often.

    Your lamb chops look delicious! I like the sauce.

    ReplyDelete